Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cloud Architect (Remote)
We are looking for a Cloud Architect who is customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize and transform through pragmatic enterprise strategies.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to move smoothly between tactical and strategic conversations with technical, business and mission leadership. You will play a critical role in helping our team formalize, standardize, and mature our cloud services offerings. You understand the importance of security and believe risk management should be tackled early and not as an afterthought. You have been through the trenches in helping teams obtain authority to operate (ATO) and can have intelligent discussions around NIST recommendations and security controls. You are passionate about automation and creating an environment that fosters DevSecOps approaches. You articulate the connection from technical services to business capabilities and help client organizations navigate the tension between evolving traditional IT processes and modern approaches. You also understand that success is not about being a hero, it’s about developing a capable team to deliver the right solutions to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build modern solutions with serverless and managed services
- Design and deploy cloud architectures via Terraform
- Building infrastructure to fully automate new and existing applications
- Creating CI/CD pipelines to safely promote applications across multiple environments
- Creating secure infrastructure that follows STIG guidelines
- Securely configuring applications with scripts or tools
- Creating resilient architectures that can tolerate multiple failures
- Safely modifying critical infrastructure that is actively running in production
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 8+ years of experience with building IT systems
- 4+ years of experience in building and deploying applications to AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience managing a fleet of resources in EC2, ECS, EKS, or a Serverless architecture
- 1+ years of experience implementing IaC using Terraform
- US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract requirements.
- 1 or more AWS Professional-level certifications
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with multiple technology stacks on multiple OSes (Windows, Linux, C#, Java)
- Experience implementing an architecture involving multiple AWS accounts
- Experience implementing a hybrid cloud involving both on-prem and cloud resources
- Experience with working in Agile and Scaled Agile teams
- Experience and application of best practices microservices architecture, automated testing
- Public sector consulting experience at the Federal level.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
- Actively participated or led at least on program through the Federal ATO process at the FISMA Moderate level
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use: (Ex: AWS, Terraform):
Various AWS services, Git, Terraform
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$100,034.00 - $170,058.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)