Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Clinical Psychology Subject Matter Expert
ICF, Inc. is seeking a mid-career PhD- or PsyD-trained Psychologist with a clinical or counseling psychology focus; at least 10 years of post-doctoral experience including a minimum of two years’ experience providing services in an integrated Primary Care-Behavioral Health model of care; and strong research capabilities to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area. This is not a psychological service delivery position. Rather, the position supports the DoD’s mental health community by conducting empirical research to develop stigma-reducing and help-seeking promotion products (reports, manuscripts, presentations, education materials, etc.) geared towards reducing mental health stigma throughout the DoD community while promoting help-seeking behaviors. All our work is evidence-based. We are therefore seeking a Psychologist who also has a very solid background in research that complements their clinical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team, execute and coordinate a program of mental health sciences research and education focused on enhancing psychological health literacy and targeting mental health stigma reduction and care access.
- Conduct systematic reviews of professional literature and other empirical research to develop and deliver evidence-based products such as, but not limited to, professional reports, presentations, blogs, educational materials, manuscripts, briefing materials, etc.
- Disseminate above-mentioned products across digital, print, workshop, and live presentation platforms virtually and in-person.
- Conduct scientific program evaluation activities to measure the impact of a marketing campaign designed to reduce mental health stigma while increasing help-seeking behavior across the activity duty and veteran military populations.
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience delivering mental health services in an integrated Primary Care-Behavioral Health environment to develop tools and strategies for use throughout the DoD health system. This may include, but not be limited to:
- establishing and evaluating outcomes related to the effectiveness of stigma mitigation education and intervention activities and products;
- translating clinical and research materials into written products and presentations; and
- supporting implementation science projects that promote uptake of evidence-based stigma reduction and stigma mitigation interventions within the Military Health System.
- Integrate a clinical psychological perspective into strategies for promoting psychological health literacy across the activity duty and veteran communities.
- Work with diverse communities ranging from primary care providers, specialty care providers, Commanders, and Line Leaders in helping to implement strategies for promoting help-seeking behavior throughout our military and veteran communities.
- Provide logistics and meeting support (scheduling, producing minutes, facilitating, etc.) for mental health-related working groups.
- Doctoral degree in professional Psychology (i.e., clinical or counseling) from a graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) at the time the degree was granted.
- Completed a professional psychology internship program that was accredited by the APA or CPA at the time the program was completed.
- Hold a current license to practice psychology.
- 10 or more years post-doctorate experience including a minimum of two years’ experience providing services in an integrated Primary Care-Behavioral Health Care setting.
- Demonstrable experience conducting empirical research to develop, produce, deliver, and teach/train the products and activities presented under “Duties and Responsibilities” above.
Beneficial Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Prior experience as a federal contractor
- Prior US DoD mental health experience
- Previous peer reviewed publications related to anti-stigma efforts
- Ability and experience communicating effectively (speaking and writing) to diverse audiences in order to convey clinical processes, problems, and solutions
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$93,668.00 - $159,236.00
Maryland Client Office (MD88)