Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Resilience Specialist (Arlington, NYC or Los Angeles)
ICF is seeking a climate resilience specialist to support our Climate Adaptation and Resilience team. Our team works with all levels of government and commercial clients to enhance the resilience of energy, water, and transportation systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. The consultant will join a team that provides world-class analysis that is based in rigorous science and clearly communicated to enable proactive planning and implementation of resilience solutions.
You will be responsible for supporting ICF managers on projects related to climate change vulnerability assessment, adaptation planning, and social equity. Projects will range from technical, data-driven analyses to writing reports for general audiences to supporting external workshops and communication activities. You will be an essential member of 2 to 7 person project teams that will depend on you to help create accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. You are likely to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, interact with clients, and provide guidance to junior staff. You will apply and continue to develop your expertise in the field of climate change adaptation and resilience, as well as consulting and other professional skills.
This is a mid-level level position, intended for candidates who have either (a) a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience, or (b) a Master’s degree and at least 2 years of experience. Candidates should be available to start working in early 2022 (ideally January).
What you'll do...
- Contribute to the vision and execution of projects, including by offering creative solutions to meet client needs.
- Perform quantitative problem-solving, perform data collection and analysis, and manage large datasets.
- Write reports for technical and general audiences.
- Review literature, conduct research, and synthesize findings into concise and well-written summaries.
- Interact with clients.
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
- Translate technical climate science and risk management topics into terms that are meaningful to more general audiences.
- Provide logistical and planning support for meetings and workshops.
- Work with small teams to prepare high-quality products, pitching in wherever necessary.
- Complete tasks in fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Delegate to and oversee work of entry-level staff.
- Experience in climate change or risk management topics
- Master’s Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Business, Economics, Urban Planning, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Business, Economics, Engineering, Urban Planning, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
Essential Skills Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and establish strong working relationships with all levels of internal staff and outside clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed.
- Ability to be a reliable and proactive team member willing to contribute to projects in a variety of ways.
- Motivation to continuously develop and improve subject-matter knowledge and professional skills and take on increasing responsibility on projects over time.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)