Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Researcher - Campus Recruiting Program
We are currently hiring Climate Researchers to join our Climate Planning team in Summer 2022.
Please note: These roles are entry level and through the Campus Recruiting Program. Interviews will begin in November 2021.
As a Climate Researcher, you will:
- Collaborate with the 2-7 person teams on projects related to greenhouse gas inventories and mitigation analyses, climate change vulnerability assessments, adaptation and resiliency planning, and social equity.
- Perform quantitative problem-solving, data collection and analysis.
- Review literature, conduct research, and synthesize findings into summaries and reports for both technical and general audiences.
- Translate technical climate science and risk management topics into terms that are meaningful to more general audiences.
- Provide logistical and planning support for meetings and workshops.
As a Climate Researcher, you will have:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
- Motivation to continuously develop and improve subject-matter knowledge and professional skills and take on increasing responsibility on projects over time.
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner and establish strong working relationships all levels of internal staff and outside clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Engineering, Business, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)