Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Engagement Manager
About the Projects
ICF is working on several large scale, multi-stakeholder climate engagement and communication projects that demand familiarity with current networks, trends and developments in various stakeholders’ climate actions and initiatives, and a basic understanding of the overall climate policy context, of climate narratives and the concept of behaviour change linked to climate engagement.
The projects are funded by public funds and implemented in close collaboration with the EU institutions.
About the Position
The Climate Engagement Manager is responsible for the establishment, coordination, assessment and implementation of a large portfolio of climate engagement activities with various stakeholder groups and individuals that are part of the project’s core activities.
We look for candidates with a strong background and relevant professional experience in facilitating and organising climate engagement activities with different groups of stakeholders. The Climate Engagement Manager should be familiar with a range of different interactive climate engagement and participatory formats and have at least some understanding of the concept of behaviour sciences.
Roles and responsibilities include, among others, the following activities:
- Planning, managing and reporting on all the climate outreach and engagement activities undertaken in the projects
- Establishing and managing a process to screen and assess promising new and innovative formats
- Collecting and disseminating climate engagement approaches which are orientated for various audiences and stakeholders
- Attending train-the-trainer sessions and providing training to junior colleagues on specific core climate engagement workshops
- Facilitating workshops, support the organisation and planning of interactive climate stakeholder events, workshops and webinars
- Contributing to reporting and client meetings
- Guiding junior colleagues and sub-contractors that are part of the projects
- Ensuring a continuous uninterrupted service, rapid response and timely availability of specific expertise required to cover services in the climate engagement tasks
- Working closely with the climate communications, community and operational teams to ensure alignment across the tasks
- Supporting the project managers and taking responsibility for leading the climate engagement tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as social sciences/behavioral sciences, climate sciences/environmental sciences, psychology; Master’s degree will be an asset
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with NGOs, consultancies, governments, or businesses in comparable climate engagement roles
- Knowledge of, and experience working on contracts for the European Commission
- Knowledge of EU affairs, and professional experience working with EU institutions and procedures will be a strong asset
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Belgium Client Office (BE88)