Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cleared Senior Python Developer-Hybrid Remote
ICF seeks a Cleared Senior Python Developer to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data and find anomalies. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As a member on a team of Senior Python Developers you will work with our customer, subject matter experts, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities. You will provide software engineering development and support.
Work location is remote with occasional meetings at client or ICF facilities within the National Capital Region possible. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cyber personnel to understand manual analytic processes that are used to assist in the automation of those processes
- Create automated analytic capability sets (e.g., signature, behavioral, heuristic, anomalous, unsupervised-learning, predictive, and emerging)
- Develop new platforms to elicit operational effect
- Support the design, development, and deployment of production systems adhering to the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD pipeline
- Post-deployment support of continuous analysis through the full lifecycle of the capabilities
- Perform functions associated with the analysis of information, refinement of analytics and countermeasure selection, reviewing output, and making upgrades/improvements to the performance of the analytics and countermeasures.
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active High Level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- Master’s Degree in IT, cyber, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience in software development
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in IT, cyber, or related field AND minimum of 12 years of experience in software development
- OR No degree and a minimum of 22 years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with a variety of analytics. Examples include: file, network, host-based, and Emulytics
- Experience within some or all of these capability areas: Intrusion Detection; Analytics; Information Sharing; Intrusion Prevention; Core Infrastructure
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience with EINSTEIN
- Experience with monitoring/diagnosing activity at the host, application, network, internet protocol, database, source code, and LAN layers or other areas preferred
- Experience in analytics associated with analyzing databases, source code, hosts, middleware, application, Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet networks across Open System Interconnect (OSI) model
- Experience in developing real or near real-time automation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)