Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cleared Python Developer Hybrid Remote
ICF is seeking a Cleared Python Developer to solve new challenges and create new solutions for our client. You will write proof-of-concept code and support research testbeds to assist with basic and applied research in tactical network security. You will help researchers conduct and develop experiments and prototypes and contribute to technical publications based on analysis of experimental results for the United States Army Research Laboratory Network Security Branch.
Come and create your future with ICF! In this role you will have the opportunity to grow your technical expertise while working on cutting edge technologies in Army relevant research topics. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and creating opportunities for growth.
Here is what you can expect in your first 90 days working with this team:
- In your first 30 days you will gain an understanding of your assigned projects and build your knowledge and proficiency with project related Python tools. During this time, you will also learn and orient to the Army Cyber environment and begin contributing to one or two projects.
- In your first 60 days you will identify skill areas to develop (ML/AI, ICS/SCADA/Vehicle platforms, Docker, Cloud, networking). You will start partner-writing project code as well as reviewing existing project code with help of the development team.
- In your first 90 days you will start to work independently on projects, develop your skill areas, and gradually roll those skills into projects. You will further your understanding and begin to propose new efforts to support client projects, as well as engaging with research and technical publishing.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop research-supporting tools and capabilities
- Support demonstrations of research and tools, including providing visualization support
- Conduct experiments in conjunction with collaborators and supporting technical team
- Analyze experimental results and document findings in research reports
- Support and contribute to publications for peer-reviewed conferences and journals, technical reports, and other supporting documentation
- Maintain awareness of developments in tactical network security in the context of the Army mission. Read relevant publications, follow academic and commercial developments, be aware of Army doctrine and similar programs within the Army and DoD
What You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Secret Clearance & Ability to maintain active DoD clearance
- Minimum CompTIA Security+ certification or comparable professional security certification (see DoD approved 8570 baseline certifications)
- 2-3 years of Python Development experience (Python 3 fluency preferred)
- Experience with Linux, cybersecurity principles, networking principles and machine learning principles
- Ability to develop experimental software in a research environment, performing rapid prototyping and evolving end goals as research demands
What We’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Experience with software for network traffic capture and dissection, such as tcpdump, Wireshark, Dshell, etc.
- Any relevant professional certifications, e.g., A+, Network+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP, PenTest+, etc.
- Any hands-on experience as a network defender, analyst, penetration tester, system admin, network admin
- Any experience with or interest in one or more of the following areas: mobile/tactical networks, cybersecurity, internet of things (IoT), ad-hoc/mesh networks, and software defined networks (SDN)
- Any experience or interest with field of machine learning, and software for ML/AI applications, such as Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Sci-Kit Learn
- Any experience or interest with ICS/SCADA and control networks for vehicles, such as an understanding of the CAN bus, how electronic control units (ECUs) function and communicate, etc.
- Familiarity with the basics of Army-relevant mobile/tactical communications networks and waveforms
- Familiarity with Linux network interface socket setup and configuration, Python 3 inter-process communication and multi-processing, client-server operations including messaging applications like MQTT, virtual machine, Docker container usage, C and C# knowledge, experience with Unity visualization platform
- Understanding of DoD and Army IA policies, guidance, and best practices
Why you’ll love working here:
- Opportunities for learning and professional growth
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)