Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cleared Cyber Security Analyst-Hybrid Remote
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Cyber Security Analyst to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data and find anomalies. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will work with our customer, developers, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This role is hybrid with the expectation of a minimum of three days/week reporting to the customer location in Pensacola, FL and the remainder of the week teleworking. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team of 3-4 Cyber Security Analysts in their day-to-day to include mentoring and professional development of team members.
- Supplement operational cyber analysts in threat hunting, data preparation, implementation of techniques, visualizations, and employment of analytics
- Assess current use of cyber tools by analysts and assess whether efficiencies can be made via alternate use of current, or adoption of alternate tools
- Problem-solve by identifying potential tools/processes to support needs, capturing areas of improvement that can be translated into functional requirements for future planning
- Provide ad-hoc training to cyber analyst teams on tools that support or enhance current processes
- Identify areas of technical training gaps and proposed approaches to methods (hands on, online modules, etc.) to improve the use of tools and data in support of the cybersecurity mission.
- Participate in post-engagement review
- Effectively communicate with leadership to ensure awareness of progress, challenges
What You'll Need to Have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Cyber, or a related field
- 5 or more years Leadership experience.
- 5 or more years of Cyber Security experience, i.e., Threat Hunt, Incident Response, Investigations, Technical Reporting, etc.
- 5 years of experience using network security analysis/IDS tools
- 5 or more years of experience analyzing packet capture and NetFlow data with an understanding of current cyber threats and trends derived from multiple sources, i.e., open-source, intelligence products, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience with different types of Malwares including how to detect it, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities used.
- Experience with query languages, i.e., SQL, KQL, etc.
- Experience developing advanced dashboards, i.e., Kibana, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with different cybersecurity frameworks and knowledges bases to identify tactics, techniques, and procedures of known actors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We'd Like You To Have
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)