Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cleared Computing Lab Manager
ICF is seeking a Cleared High-Performance Computing (HPC) Lab Manager to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities for tactical network experimentation to develop and maintain our client’s simulation/emulation testbed. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project and team management, troubleshooting, and systems integration primarily targeting HPC systems. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining virtualized testing environments to enable the research and development of tactical network emulation capabilities and be responsible for the recommendation, design, implementation, and maintenance of the client’s hardware, networks, simulation/emulation platform and integration onto HPC systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with researchers and system administrators to identify laboratory hardware and software needs to create roadmaps for development and rollout of new capabilities.
- Prioritize key capability upgrades and overseeing project progress to meet cost and budget constraints.
- Ensure laboratory operations, including through SOPs and documentation, are efficient and conform to security requirements.
- Coordinate and oversee repairs and upgrades to physical laboratory infrastructure (including computing, networking, A/V, power, and HVAC systems).
- Coordinate with Government POCs to recommend hardware, software, and service purchases, and review technical aspects of contracts.
- Coordinate with supporting organizations to ensure necessary services are provided for continued laboratory operations.
- Inventory management in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
What You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- 2 + years operational or computer laboratory management experience
- 6 +years relevant computing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in area such as Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience managing a computer lab in a complex and dynamic environment
- Experience with development and maintenance of hardware and services deployed in complex computing environments.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line interface.
- Proven working experience in developing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems for UNIX /Linux
- Understanding of core network technologies and concepts.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and leadership skills.
What We’d Like You To Have:
- Familiarity or experience with EMANE, CORE, NS3, MinitNet and other network emulation technologies.
- Familiarity or experience with Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Network protocol analysis and design.
- Familiarity with the latest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, Scikit-learn, etc.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Opportunities for learning and professional growth
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$103,035.00 - $175,160.00
Maryland Client Office (MD88)