Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Claims Case Processor
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Claims Case Processor
ICF seeks a Claims Case Processor for the International Terrorism Victim Expense Reimbursement Program (ITVERP) to provide support and assistance to victims of international terrorism. ITVERP is a unique federal victim expense reimbursement program that provides financial reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses to qualifying victims/claimants who have been injured or killed as a direct result of an act of international terrorism occurring outside of the United States. On behalf of the Office for Victims of Crime, ITVERP staff manage the day-to-day operations related to claims processing, management of an ITVERP hotline and implementation of outreach activities to potential claimants and partner agencies. For more information about ITVERP please visit the website www.ovc.gov/itverp/.
• Answer the 1-800 ITVERP Resource Line, responding to and assisting victims of international terrorism.
• Process victim applications for reimbursement, including but not limited to, drafting and mailing claimant, collateral source and provider correspondence.
• Enter and track all claims activity in Microsoft Dynamics database.
• Interact regularly with victims of international terrorism.
• Draft expense summary sheets in Excel for claim recommendations.
• Draft meeting minutes, after action minutes, and weekly reports for Program Manager review.
• Participate in and contribute to weekly case management meetings.
• Maintain daily operations of the claims management process.
• Respond to data requests in a timely matter.
• Completes follow-ups with Claimants (Claimant Feedback Tool).
• Provides ongoing updates to the ITVERP Operation Manual and ITVERP Policy Manual.
• Drafts revisions/updates to ITVERP standardized forms/templates or memos as needed, and submits to PM review.
• Interact professionally with diverse government officials, including but not limited to, the Department of State, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the National Security Division within the Department of Justice.
• Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Mental Health, Anthropology, Education, or other Social Science related discipline required.
• 3+ years of government based, client, or customer facing experience in the social sciences field.
• Experience interacting professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders. • Experience drafting diverse documents (i.e. letters, reports, correspondence, and claim recommendations).
• Ability to obtain a Department of Justice Public Trust clearance, which involves a criminal background and credit check.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrate immaculate attention to detail.
• Ability to produce high quality work.
• Demonstrate commitment to client satisfaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Solid customer service skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
• Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
• Strong outreach abilities and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience with client management highly preferred.
• Experience working in a consulting environment and with government programs preferred.
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, detail-oriented, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Experience working directly with victims of crime.
• Ability to speak another language fluently.
• Experience processing claims.
• Experience working in the field of international terrorism.• Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)