Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Child Care Grants Operations Manager | Remote
ICF’s early childhood insights practice integrates the expertise of more than 270 early childhood subject matter experts with that of technologists, geospatial experts, economists, survey researchers and communication experts to provide policymakers with new insights into the needs of children, families and the programs that serve them. We combine the latest research in the field with the latest technological innovations to help clients put new policies and solutions into practice that advance the early childhood field. ICF has developed a grants management solution and a suite of implementation support services to help states rapidly develop the policies, systems and processes needed to distribute child care stabilization and other federal relief funds quickly, with an equity lens in place and in a way that minimizes the application burden on providers and maximizes fiscal integrity. We design our services to fit the needs of clients, ranging from providing just a grants management information technology solution to delivering a full suite of intermediary services across all aspects of the grant management process. This approach allows states to quickly implement grant awards to small businesses, while keeping government small and nimble, working efficiently and effectively for taxpayers.
ICF seeks a Child Care Grants Operations Manager to lead a diverse team of professionals who will provide program management services to states and/or local child care collaboratives administered by local governments and non-profits to child care providers (subrecipients) in one or more states across the nation. You will utilize your experience delivering similar programs to help subrecipients plan and compliantly submit their grant applications and provide them with technical assistance throughout the grant period.
- Support ICF leadership in daily operation and identified responsibilities at the project level.
- Act as main point of contact between program and subrecipient team members for day-to-day project development and implementation.
- Support information technology team in adapting grants management technology solution to meet the needs of specific clients
- Coordinate all application submissions from subrecipients including the evaluation of the applications, technical assistance and distribution of funding
- Prepare recommendation notifications and reports to communicate which projects will be funded and those that are not eligible for funding.
- Oversee and track executed subrecipients agreements.
- Coordinate all necessary reporting activities to communicate the status of all executed subrecipient agreements.
- Track and report status and performance of each subrecipient project.
- Provide and/or manage daily technical assistance to subrecipient team.
- Monitor, Identify, report, and recommend solutions to resolve, issues related to, but not limited to, federal compliance, schedule, scope, and budget.
- Coordinate and lead or co-lead with Project Director all key meetings with clients and key stakeholders
- Review, provide comments, and recommend approval of subrecipient applications, draw requests, change orders, subrecipient agreement amendments, and closeout documentation package.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in Project Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar degree.
- Previous project management experience with state or federally-funded projects within the last five (5) years, with preference for experience with public early childhood programs
- 1-2 years of previous experience supporting information technology teams in adapting grants management technology solutions to meet the needs of the client
- 1-2 years experience making recommendation notifications and reports to communicate which projects will be funded and those that are not eligible for funding.
Nice to Have:
- Project Management Professional certification-PMP
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish fluency or literacy
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
- Understanding of early childhood business context is preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)