Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Chief of Party
International Health and Development
Chief of Party
ICF is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project. This project is headquartered in Washington D.C. and will support activities in multiple low and middle income (LMIC) countries. The project focuses on supporting national policy making by national governments in the health sector, including family planning, HIV/AIDS, and maternal and child health. The COP will serve as the primary liaison with USAID, stakeholders, and national governments. The COP will also provide overall project guidance, leadership, and financial management.
- The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will have principal responsibility for representation of the project to USAID.
- The Project Director should be committed to advancing the project purpose through stated IRs and sub-IRs, and cross cutting principles.
- S/he should have leadership capabilities, be able to manage financial and human resources effectively, and exhibit a breadth of both technical expertise and management experience appropriate to fulfill the diverse requirements of this global project.
- At least 8-10 years managing large, complex global projects
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded projects
- At least 5 years working overseas
- Familiarity with health finance and governance preferred
- Experience with FP/RH, HIV/AIDS, and maternal health programs required.
- Strong management skills required.
- Professional experience interacting with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector in developing countries required.
- Experience working in partnership with U.S. Government agencies required.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, business administration, international development, economics, or a related advanced degree required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required; fluency and/or familiarity in a project-relevant language (including French/Spanish) greatly valued.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a LMIC context.
- Demonstrated ability to convey sensitive and challenging topics effectively and with humility in local settings and environments.
- Excellent applied analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)