Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
The Chargehand is pivotal in the success of this sector of our ICF Next business. We are looking for a qualified joiner who possess knowledge of industry technique not only in the field of manufacture but the onsite delivery and management of all employees within the workshop, ideally from an events and exhibitions background.
The individual must be a good communicator not only within their direct reports but with other members of the wider departmental team.
- Activation Dept and worldwide dependent on client needs.
Hours of work:
- Normal workshop hours plus additional working away as per the needs of the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good experience in manufacture techniques.
- A drive to provide the best service levels within the scope of budget and specification.
- Ideally the candidate will possess Industry lead knowledge of the Events and Exhibition field not only through the manufacture process but onsite delivery as well.
The role will include:
- Exhibition/Activation builds, overseeing from start to finish. You must lead from the front and show a good example of how to do things correctly, mentoring and developing the team where appropriate.
- Interpreting technical drawings, so ideally you will have years of experience in all types of manufacture techniques and practices.
- Working alongside the Foreman drive the team from the front and show leadership.
- Ensure smooth running of assigned projects including efficiency targets
- Working with the foreman lead the workshop team and be a role model for all employees including apprentices.
- Working with the workshop team to ensure all agreed parameters of work are adhered to for all activations.
- Be fully immersed in the build processes and practices of all team members when working in your team whilst they carry their allotted tasks.
- Ensuring we do not overspend on hours or materials.
- Engage and motivate the team whilst onsite to deliver all elements within scope of work.
- Team motivation, internal communications, and engagement.
- Lead by example and promote the business internally to all team members. Engage the team to instil ownership of all manufacture elements (team motivation, internal communications, and engagement)
- Assist with training the apprentices in the correct and safest way to achieve an end result
- Daily huddles and bi-weekly workshop floor meetings
- Efficiency of workshop time and materials, compliance to standards and predetermined parameters.
- Work with the Foreman to ensure all agreed scope of work is fulfilled within agreed parameters and ensure the Worksop team have this information and work to it.
- Health and Safety compliance in the workshop and onsite. A keen eye for detail and non-conformity to Health and Safety matters is a must.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Leeds - Burley (GB78)