Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Certified Tumor Registrars
ICF is seeking Certified Tumor Registrars (CTRs) to support the Veteran’s Health Administration (VHA) in completing the VHA’s backlog of incomplete cases in suspense and performing case ascertainment, data curation and completing case submissions. This is a remote position; however, there could be rare occasions when the CTR needs to be onsite at a VHA treatment facility. Successful candidates must hold (and maintain) a current certification as a CTR by the National Cancer Registrars Association.
- Conduct records maintenance, including submission of complete case abstract
- Conduct timely case finding, ascertainment, and accession to client-approved software
- Code, stages, and enters data into the registry database. Each case is added to the tumor registry utilizing ICD-O-3, ICD-10-CM, AJCC TNM 8th ed. (Tumor, Nodes, Metastasis), SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual, Solid Tumor Rules, and STORE Manual as well as other required standard setter coding manuals.
- Comply with reporting requirements of state central cancer registry, the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer, and the VA Central Cancer Registry
- Perform data quality control activities on registry data
- Follow-up on each case abstracted for the life of the patient. Ensures that follow-up information is collected for each case annually according to Commission on Cancer rules.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality of all information encountered including verbal, written and computerized.
- Maintain CTR credentials through the National Cancer Registrar's Association (NCRA)
- Current certification as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) by the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA)
- 2+ years’ experience in tumor registry as a Certified Tumor Registrar. Experience with Commission on Cancer facilities is preferred.
- Proficient with various cancer registry software systems (Vista, OncoTraX, ERS, Oncolog, cNext, Rocky Mountain, etc.).
- Proficient with various electronic medical record systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of ICD-O-3 and knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10 CM/PCS, DMS Coding
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT): Preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)