Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Certified Tumor Registrar/Assistant Project Manager
ICF is looking for a motivated Certified Tumor Registrar to work at ICF in our Rockville, MD office, supporting a cancer surveillance project. The cancer registrar provides support with subject matter expertise to the Project Manager, responsible for coordination of data collection, management and advising team on the project’s quality control and analytic activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all staff are currently teleworking. This position can be 100% remote and telecommute.
- Provide support with subject matter expertise for population-based cancer surveillance project in the areas of: data collection, data flow/operations, quality control, auditing for accuracy/completeness, applicable standards for coding and classification, and cancer staging systems
- Help to develop specifications, technical documentation, and publications relating to domain specific contract work
- Provide subject matter expert input on development and enhancement of validation tools for cancer reporting
- Advise the project director (PD), project manager (PM) and the team on the project's analytic activities
- Conduct data analysis, disseminating findings, and preparing reports for internal and conference presentations
- Contribution for technical detail in proposals for government entities
- Use subject matter expertise to contribute written content and feedback on articles, presentations, and white papers
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field or equivalent
- Must be a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
- Minimum of 5 years of Certified Tumor Registrar with experience in classification of diseases, cancer staging and treatment, and coding systems and standards
- Familiar with cancer registry data and operation.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate with professional and scientific staff
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)