Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Case Managers - Disaster Management
As we continue to build our Disaster Management team in Puerto Rico, we are looking for Case Managers to join us immediately! These are full-time benefits-eligible positions located in our new office space in Cupey, Puerto Rico
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
We are looking for several Case Managers for our center in Cupey to interact directly with applicants for federal assistance provided under the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program in Puerto Rico.
Learn more about our Disaster Management work and colleagues here.
· Master policies and procedures governing federally-funded recovery programs including knowledge of procedures, policies, and directives associated with federal disaster recovery programs, specifically HUD CDBG-DR
· Work closely with program applicants to ensure that applicants fully understand program requirements and are frequently updated on application and grant progress throughout the case management process
· Gather, scan, and store required program eligibility and other required information in electronic databases and case management systems
· Prepare letters to applicants and other required program documents
· Communicate with applicants by phone, email and in-person to explain program requirements, obtain documents and provide case status
· Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
· Conduct on-site and off-site applicant meetings· Provide tracking and reporting information on cases progressing from intake to closeout
- Assist case managers with their daily tasks
· A flexible schedule that can accommodate some evening or weekend work as may be required
· Must have fluent verbal and written communication skills, bilingual Spanish and English
· Bachelor's degree or 4+ years professional experience
· 2+ years customer service experience· 2+ years experience with Excel and databases
· Experience facilitating client applications to public benefit programs· Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs
· Intermediate accounting or financial proficiency
· Excellent understanding of and ability to analyze tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents· Good understanding of and ability to articulate design, permitting and other construction-related subjects
· Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to variety of individuals in person and over the phone
· Ability to work successfully with socio-economic and ethnically diverse applicants · Skilled in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Cupey, PR (PR07)