Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Capture Manager (Strategic Pursuits)
ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
- Lead capture teams, typically engaging in an opportunity at least 6-18 months before a tender is issued.
- Gather and analyse key insights and information about the client and the problems they are trying to solve, as well as information directly related to the procurement.
- Develop the win strategy and identify resources needed to increase the win probability. This includes advisory work around winning more work on frameworks with clients.
- Lead critical capture activities including call planning, competitive analysis, stakeholder analysis, solution development, staffing analysis, teaming, and engaging our price-to-win team as appropriate.
- Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture.
- Source teaming partners and help negotiate teaming agreements and work share prior to RFP/etc. release.
- Work with technical staff to develop a technical solution and any related demonstrations that are presented to the client.
- Work with Marketing to develop any necessary thought leadership, campaigns, or social media activity.
- Ensure insights gathered through capture are integrated into the resulting proposals, working in coordination with our bid team as an advisor to the proposal phase, including serving as a colour team reviewer.
- Where required, you will lead bid project teams (made up of technical experts, BD colleagues and other functions).
- You will also provide professional support to the consulting teams, helping them to use the right tools at the right time to maximise the success of their bids.
- Lead on story-boarding workshops, coaching subject matter experts on how to communicate to score the highest marks in proposals, and where appropriate, taking responsibility for writing key sections of a bid.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive experience in upstream business development roles
- Extensive experience building capture plans, executing client call plans and shaping strategies in a collaborative team and matrixed environment.
- A proven record leading complex, multi-disciplinary capture teams focused on large opportunities and winning business of significant size (>$10 million), with emphasis on mobilizing diverse teams (e.g., interdepartmental, interdisciplinary) to shape solutions and develop win arguments.
- Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process and winning opportunities.
- A working knowledge of various procurement and contracting methodologies, contract types and procurement processes.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements.
- Awareness of competitive pricing strategies.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)