Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is hunting for an experienced Public Sector Capture Leader in the Washington, DC metro area to help us continue building a best-in-class capture organization. ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) is a $1.5 billion global consulting and digital services provider that operates with a nonprofit soul. With 7k+ people in 70 countries, we were just named one of Forbes’ 2020 Best America’s Best Management Consulting Firms for the sixth consecutive year and are named one of Forbes’ best Midsize employers. We’re growing rapidly, and capture excellence is at the core. We have a 50+ year legacy of world-changing work, doubling in size + revenue every five years on average for the last two decades.
We seek a proven Federal Health focused Capture Leader with a track record of excellent capture, strategy & growth experience to work in Fairfax, VA or the Washington DC Metropolitan area. However, this role can sit anywhere within the US. The role requires effective collaboration and leadership of a diverse group of internal stakeholders, including partnering across the PSG leadership team. The successful candidate will bring extensive domain experience in Federal health across key Public Health agencies to include CMS and CDC. The successful candidate will help expand ICF’s already successful portfolio of established and growing customer programs at CMS & other Public Health agencies, primarily in the areas of Health IT, digital modernization, data analytics, management consulting, communications support, and healthcare clinical quality measures and tool development.
As a Capture Director, you will work to build, qualify, and manage capture activities focused on Federal Health and Civilian markets. You will be responsible for maximizing the win probability on a wide range of opportunities through team leadership, strategic thinking, insightful action, and ultimate accountability. You will drive efforts to win new business, creatively & collaboratively bringing the best of what ICF has to offer to new clients and new markets
- Leads a typical capture portfolio of approx. $500M at anytime
- Design, implement, and drive capture strategies that translate customer needs into innovative and differentiated P-Win enhancing capture strategies to win business
- Work closely with leaders across the Public Sector Group, including members of the Account teams, operating unit leaders, growth and business development managers, capability and solution leads, subject matter experts, other ICF stakeholders, and external partners to foster a “one ICF” approach to meet customer needs.
- Work with our CTO office and Solution Leads/Architects (when one is assigned) to develop a technical solution and any related demonstrations that are presented to the client
- Work the firm’s marketing resources to drive thought leadership, campaigns, or social media activities in key customer segments
- Has a firm grasp of the entire Opportunity life cycles from front-end BD thru Proposal submission
- Maintain relationships within potential client organizations across the Public Sector to identify potential opportunities and acquisition changes or trends\Expand ICF’s external brand through thought leadership, panel presentations, participation in professional societies, and other activities; engage business line staff in these activities.
- Lead all facets of capture to include B&P management, kickoffs, solution development meetings, win theme development, competitive analysis, teaming, pricing, and others as required to support captures, with support from SMEs, pricing support, and other internal partners.
- Ensure capture strategies align with PSG’s strategic themes
- Participate in business planning activities including quarterly pipeline and gate reviews; as well as proposal reviews.
What you must have:
- 5 or more years of verifiable record of winning new business opportunities greater than $30M with the Federal government
- 5 or more years prior capture leadership role at mid to large firms doing business with the U.S. Federal Government
- 5 or more years of working knowledge and understanding of the government acquisition process, the FAR and acquisition strategy development
- 5 or more years demonstrated understanding of a disciplined capture process within the Federal government marketspace
- Bachelor’s degree + at least 10 years with Federal Government capture experience with values greater than $30M per deal
- 5 or more years working with resource allocation, demonstrating the ability to allocate resources as needed and prioritize effectively in limited time frames, working across and throughout leadership channels to ensure appropriate multi-functional engagement to achieve desired objectives and established milestones
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience leading multiple large efforts ($30 million+) concurrently
- Prior experience with established proposal & capture methodologies
- Demonstrated skills in opportunity qualification, customer visits, and customer relationship development
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience using Microsoft TEAMS, SharePoint, or similar information-sharing platform
- Strong organizational, prioritization, task-juggling, and planning skills managing a wide range of efforts simultaneously
- A professional demeanor and positive attitude, even while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to gain support and establish working relationships with program/project managers, technical leads, SMEs, peers, and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated Competence in leading and influencing high-performance teams
- Customer Engagement, with the ability to understand diverse customer needs
- Leadership, with a clear vision and ethical compass
- Market and Domain Knowledge, with a system-of-systems focus
- Relationship Management, emphasizing active listening and communications
- Win Strategy Development, able to create sound business models and value propositions by synthesizing information and ensuring alignment with customer priorities.
- Agile Decision Making & masterful communication skills
- Creativity and high energy with a willingness to identify and try new strategies and tactics as they emerge.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Team leadership skills, ability to manage by influence
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and editing/writing skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients, teaming partners and vendors
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)