Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
** This role is 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the Washington DC Metro Area. **
ICF is seeking a dynamic, innovative, Capture Director to directly support ICF’s Digital Modernization Division in Arlington, VA (or remote DC, Maryland, or Virginia area). As a key member of the growth team, this highly visible position will work with the most senior leaders across ICF to develop strategy and drive business growth on the business units largest, most strategic opportunities.
What you'll be doing: The essence of this position is working directly with market trends, technical direction of government clients, and translating customer intelligence into compelling capture strategies for winning proposals. The ideal candidate must be able to leverage ICF’s deep mission understanding of customers’ needs and objectives focused in the area of Digital Modernization Services. The candidate must bring an established understanding of the dynamics and intricacies of the full capture lifecycle and be able to identify numerous wins where they developed and executed a successful capture strategy with a federal agency.
Responsibilities include capture strategy, solution development, competitive positioning, strategic pricing, customer engagement planning, and other activities leading to award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development team members. The candidate should bring a deep understanding of FAR based contracting and an understanding of effective RFP shaping.
What you must have:
- 12 years of Business Development experience (if no degree) within Defense, local Government, and/or Military
- 8 years or more of successful capturing and winning >$100M new business RFPs and demonstrated success in the full capture lifecycle and has been successful within multiple federal government domains
- Must have proven single award task order/new contract wins >$25M
- 3 or more years of experience pivot selling/expanding capabilities into IT Application Development, PaaS Business Applications, Business Process Modernization, and Application O&M
- 5 or more years of demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined capture efforts for large and complex captures focused on IT Modernization
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder); eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance as applicable
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Defense contracting and/or Military experience
- Ability to drive/follow the Capture Process from opportunity positioning and qualification through proposal development and opportunity closing
- Additional knowledge and experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)