Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Requirements Analyst
ICF is seeking a Business Requirements Analyst to support the development of strategic work products for our health informatics clients within the International Health and Development line of business. The Business Requirements Analyst will perform various tasks within the software development life cycle, supporting the Technology Solutions team responsible for the Data Exchange and Interoperability portfolio under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program.
- Develop written work products, including requirements documents, planning documents, alternatives of analysis, talking points, fact sheets, technical white papers, training materials, process diagrams, and technical presentations gear towards specific audiences.
- Support a variety of project-oriented activities such as requirement gathering sessions, business analysis, and the development of user stories.
- Support the Technology Solutions team to accomplish tasks by identifying obstacles, improving processes, including organizing and documenting meeting action items and follow through.
- Conduct analyses and document business processes including current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks.
- Maintain and update technical documentation at regular intervals.
- Communicate with customers and internal team members at regular and frequent intervals to ensure expectations are set, deliverables are met, and that attention is given to the agreed upon requirements.
- Assist project tracking by updating action item trackers, dashboards, and other project tools.
- Maintain a central repository (in SharePoint or a similar tool) of project deliverables, meeting minutes, and other documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ degree in management information systems or public health related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a business requirements analyst in a technology or public health environment
- Basic knowledge of databases, IT infrastructures, including how to document schemas and database relationships, understand basic queries, application programming interface (APIs)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle
- Experience working on IT implementations, including drafting and presenting project overviews, direction, timeline, and status
- Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, or draw.io to create standard operating procedures, business process flows, and unified modeling language (UML) diagrams
- Experience testing software, tracking issues, and working with developers to ensure that requirements are being met
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public health or health informatics
- Experience working with or in low technology resource environments
- Interest in international development outcomes
- Willingness to travel internationally about 30%
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent English verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills especially technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong self-starter especially in self-teaching and exploring new technical concepts
- Highly organized
- Ability to work cross-culturally and with remote team members
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)