Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Research Specialist
ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 9,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organisations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
The role holder will play a critical role in our lead generation activities. This means helping us build our pipeline to support our growth ambitions by analysing publicly available procurement data across key European and Asian markets, analysing publicly available customer strategies to glean intelligence around buying intentions, analysing data within ICF’s CRM and playing a role in storing and analysing information generated by our client facing teams through client interactions. Our priority markets comprise the European Commission, UK government, and international donor agencies.
- Support pipeline development efforts through research. This includes market segmentation including intelligence from quantitative and qualitative analyses of market conditions, budgets, competition, and opportunities of interest.
- Analyse publicly available procurement data across key European and Asian markets
- Analyse publicly available customer strategies to glean intelligence around buying intentions
- Analyse data within ICF’s CRM to spot key recompetes
- Store and analyse information generated by our client facing teams through client interactions
- Develop and present work products including competitive profiles, market briefings and research findings to senior leadership.
- Support capture/pursuit teams for competitive intelligence activities that may include the design, research, and facilitation of competitor strategy sessions such as Black Hats.
- Take on specific ad-hoc research, capture or strategic initiative projects as requested.
- Minimum 3 years preferred combining market research experience in the European Commission and UK public sector markets with any of the following:
- market research, competitive analysis, bid positioning, capture strategy or business development.
- Knowledge of European Commission procurement cycles
- Experience with data sources and tools such as C4P, Tussell & TED Europa.
- European Commission sales experience a plus.
- Proposal coordination experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Teams with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Flexibility in taking on a wide range of tasks against challenging deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.
- Ability to analyse information and make sound observations and recommendations quickly.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and an outstanding ability to work with people at all levels, including senior executives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)