Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Manager - Climate and Clean Energy
Business Development Manager- Climate & Clean Energy
As ICF continues to expand our climate and clean energy businesses, we’re looking for an innovative and experienced Business Development (BD) Manager to drive professional capture and growth, especially focused on Federal agencies. We are a $1.5 billion+ global consulting provider and work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through deep domain expertise, innovative thinking and technology. This role is principally aligned around a core ICF mission to help clients achieve smart, resilient, and low-carbon-growth by leveraging our expertise in climate and greenhouse gas management to address energy, sustainability, climate, or related priorities across all Federal agencies.
As a BD Manager, you will be responsible to build, qualify, and manage a significant pipeline along with leading and executing substantial captures across multiple Federal agencies. The candidate will align the business for growth in this arena by developing strategic relationships across client organizations, identifying new and emerging Federal opportunities, and positioning ICF’s capabilities to align to priority Federal contracts. The BD Manager will drive strategy by working with the technical experts and business leaders to prioritize pursuits, define the path to success, and collaborate internally to position resources toward priorities. The BD Manager is adept at the fundamentals of successful positioning and capture, employing rigorous processes and capture tools; highly communicative and collaborative working with operations/project teams and other stakeholders; and responsible for ensuring all tasks and requirements are effectively accomplished from lead generation through proposal submittal, interview, and negotiation phases. Pipeline quality and capture win rates are key measures of success with the ability to drive sustained efforts that shape and secure viable and profitable contracts and growth opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and qualify significant Federal opportunities aligned with ICF strategy, growth objectives, and priorities; maintain active, quality pipeline and capture portfolio
- Lead disciplined pursuits through qualification, positioning, proposal submittal, interview, and negotiation phases; typically handling and advancing multiple efforts concurrently
- Actively engage in and contribute to relevant strategy development and business planning
- Lead development of win strategies and identify critical activities and resources needed to increase win probability; includes competitive analysis, pricing strategy, solutioning
- Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture
- Source teaming partners and work with business leads to negotiate teaming agreements and work share, including focus on diverse partnerships
- Work with solution leads/subject matter experts, as applicable, to develop and advance technical and programmatic solutions, including relevant demonstrations and testing with the client
- Work with marketing team and subject matter experts to align thought leadership, targeted campaigns, social media activity with priority pursuits
- Participate in business planning activities to include regular pipeline and gate reviews, as well as proposal reviews; diligently maintain CRM notes and reports/updates on opportunities
What you'll need to perform the role successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years experience.
- Prior BD/Capture Management role with at least 5+ years focused on Federal agencies with relevant and current market and domain knowledge around climate and clean energy
- Verifiable record of leading multiple pursuits and winning new federal business opportunities greater than $10M
- Strong understanding of Federal contracting and procurement cycles
- Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process; strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Ability to create sound business models, value propositions, and win strategies by synthesizing information and ensuring alignment with customer priorities
- Ability to apply critical thinking and properly analyze and qualify opportunities, including sound recommendations for go/no-go decisions
- Strong organizational, prioritization, task-juggling and planning skills to manage a wide range of efforts simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to gain support and establish working relationships with program/project managers, technical leads, SMEs, peers, and all levels of internal staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal facilitation and negotiation skills
- A professional demeanor and positive attitude, even while working in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership attributes, with a clear vision and ethical compass
- Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)