Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Development Director - Remote
ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) is a $1.5 billion global consulting firm, recently named one of Forbes’ Best Management Consulting Firms for the seventh consecutive year and ranked 2nd for professional services companies as One of America’s Best Employers for Diversity.
As we continue to diversify and expand our Federal business, we’re looking for a Business Development (BD) Director to drive professional capture and growth. You will join a team of supportive and dedicated business development professionals across our Energy, Environment, and Infrastructure business group who are passionate about winning meaningful work and helping our clients solve their toughest challenges.
Learn more about our work here, with this position aligned principally with the links to our services in Environment, Energy, and Transportation. This is a remote-based position within the continental US.
What you will be doing:
• Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with key Federal client organizations
• Identify new and emerging business opportunities
• Build, qualify, and manage a robust pipeline
• Help drive strategy and prioritization by working collaboratively with our technical experts and business leaders
• Lead development of strong value propositions and win strategies, identifying critical activities and resources needed to increase win probability; includes competitive analysis, pricing strategy, solutioning
• Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture
• Work with marketing team and subject matter experts to align thought leadership, targeted campaigns, social media activity with priority pursuits
• Lead disciplined pursuits through qualification, positioning, proposal submittal, interview, and negotiation phases; typically handling and advancing multiple efforts concurrentlyPipeline quality and capture win rates are key measures of success, driving sustained efforts that shape and secure viable and profitable contracts and growth.
What you must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years’ experience in the environmental, natural resources, and related management consulting and professional services industry; of that, evidence of prior external/client-facing BD/Capture experience with at least 5 years focused on Federal agencies • Evidence of leading teams in a matrixed organization with strong relationship management and organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
• Direct experience in the environment & planning or climate & resilience space related to the transportation, water, or energy sectors.
• Agile decision-making, valuing diversity of thought, with the ability to apply sound judgment to make informed decisions.
• Ability to identify and facilitate the assignment and allocation of resources and prioritize effectively in limited time frames to achieve desired objectives and established milestones.
• Customer focus, with the ability to decipher customer environment and interpret into specific needs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.• Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)