Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business / Data Analyst
ICF is looking for a Business Analyst/Data Analyst to support our clients in the Washington DC Metro Area! While we are under restrictions for in-office work, this role will remain remote. When restrictions are lifted, this role will sit at our Headquarters in northern Virginia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use a commercial conversational AI-tool to design and build chat bots
- Build business process flows to support workflows
- Troubleshoot issues in workflows
- Design reports to evaluate the effectiveness and reach of the workflows
- Build visualizations to analyze the success of the bots
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
- Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
- Provide support to developers by gathering and or clarifying data and reporting requirements from business owners
- Support development of custom reports and data visualization products
- Diving into Data Warehouses to understand what data are where so you can leverage those data using BI tools to create reports, dashboards and other analyses.
- Guiding and educating users so they better understand their reporting needs, now and as they evolve over time.
- Linking those needs to existing BI tools and helping to scope out what’s possible and the best match so you bring business value to the client.
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products using large datasets to transform data into actionable insights.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related degrees)
- US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract
- 2 or more years’ experience in general application programming and database concepts including modifying SQL scripts
- Some experience of statistical tools such as R and Python, and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau
- 2 or more years’ experience in a Business or Data Analyst role using software tools such as SharePoint, JIRA or similar systems
- Able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
What we’d like you to have:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with chat bots, no-code, low-code services
- Understanding natural language processing
- Familiarity with the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Ability to work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business and data needs into technical requirements
Why you’ll love working here:
- Working directly on projects that improve people’s lives
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Technologies we’d prefer you know:
Tableau, R or Python, Excel, chatbot, SQL
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)