Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
As a Business Systems Analyst at ICF Next, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to help solve client challenges. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. This role requires strong analytical and documentation skills and the ability to properly prioritize, multi-task, and work collaboratively in an Agile environment.
- Support all aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, design, testing, and delivery of citizen facing systems.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, questionnaires, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and existing system analysis.
- Document requirements using variety of techniques including BDD-style specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria, workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, use cases, and user guides.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Communicate (both verbal and written) with business units that rely on that information to define system requirements or organizational processes.
- Facilitate team meetings to gather, document, refine, and prioritize requirements, design system enhancements, and drive user feedback.
- Perform various types of testing, define test scenarios and test cases, execute tests, and document test results.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, designers, and user experience researchers in an Agile environment.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in gathering, refining, and prioritizing requirements for digital products.
- 3+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams to build digital products using an Agile methodology.
- Experience in the development of technical documentation – requirements specifications, use cases, design specifications, test plans and test scripts, and other supporting system documentation.
- Strong analytical skills, especially business process analysis and diagraming using tools like Microsoft Visio.
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with testing software, tracking issues, and working with developers to ensure that requirements are being met.
- Federal contracting experience is a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication skills, and attention to detail. Ability to follow-through, including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)