Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Analyst (SMS)
*This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the continental US. *
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking an experienced Business Analyst. This Business Analyst will participate in building websites to support our Navy Child and Youth Programs project, work with customers and internal subject matter experts to understand the business goals and objectives of the project, and then translate those findings into actionable specifications for delivery. In this role you will be on the front lines of conceptualizing our systems to enhance our end user experiences while working with the best and brightest in User Experience, Development, Requirements Analysis and Quality Assurance Testing.
The ICF team performs custom software development to modernize siloed, legacy applications using modular design standards. The team works closely with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of public-facing, mission-critical applications.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage and support daily work requests for the project team by:
- Engaging with end-users to understand business needs to develop and document requirements
- Communicating with multiple teams to ensure requirements are clear and well understood from a functional and technical perspective
- Logging incoming requests/work in team tools (Jira/Confluence or Trello)
- Communicating with clients and the team about the status of work
- Performing QA and working directly with the developers to implement bug fixes and change requests
- Conducting demos or training necessary for the successful execution of the project
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5+ years experience working on web and/or software development teams
- 5+ years experience conducting and leading interviews to gather and validate requirements
- 5+ years experience in documenting requirements and specifications for web and/or software development teams
- 2+ years experience developing end-user training guides and materials
- 2+ years experience performing data analysis to identify patterns and trends to define requirements
- 2+ years experience scoping work efforts into actionable pieces for delivery
- Resume should reflect experience working across multiple projects and products
What we'd like you to have:
- Agile Scrum methods
- Experience leading business analysts’ teams
- Experience maintaining Product Backlog in Jira, prioritizing User Stories for Sprints
- Breaking down tasks into Epics, Stories & Tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context and in facilitating large team meetings to drive delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within one or more teams with excellent time management, organizational, and reporting skills
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)