Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Analyst - Remote Position within the US or Toronto, Canada
The Business Analyst uses project experience, knowledge of best practices, and analytical thinking to help develop and deliver the best products for ICF Next clients.
Working with clients and internal cross-functional team members, the Business Analyst gathers, analyzes, and documents business and functional requirements, and recommends changes and enhancements that increase the efficiency, profitability, or effectiveness of digital platforms without sacrificing quality or customer satisfaction.
The Business Analyst demonstrates the ability to work in partnership with account and project managers, tech and design team members, and others, as well as cross-functional members of client teams, to deliver high-quality user stories, acceptance criteria and artifacts. A successful Business Analyst demonstrates their ability to understand processes and complete deliverables within a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Remote Position within the US or Toronto, Canada
- Speak the language of the business and the language of development and testing
- Develop a keen understanding of clients’ current technology, business needs, and future initiatives/roadmaps to provide consultative insights and serve as business partner
- Perform research to understand clients’ competitive landscape and identify areas for enhancement and growth
- Partner with project management, creative, and technical teams to understand client deliverables and expectations and ensure initiative alignment with business strategy
- Actively participate in internal brainstorming sessions and creative reviews, using industry best-practices knowledge, analytical thinking, and critical questions to help shape the best products
- Elicit and gather requirements by leading or participating in interviews, workshops, surveys, and site visits; and by reviewing and analyzing content, data, documentation, artifacts, business process descriptions, and workflows
- Collaborate with engineers, User Experience (UX) and visual designers, and Quality Assurance (QA) analysts to evaluate details and identify detailed business, functional, and display requirements for incorporation in user stories
- Be able to draw the line between the ‘what’ and the ‘how’
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs for each feature or product
- Translate and break down requirements into accurate, client-review-ready epics, features, user stories, and subtasks, ensuring consistency, optimal level of detail, acceptance criteria, and ‘definition of ready’
- Create supporting artifacts and deliverables, such as annotations, content/data mapping, and user flows
- Articulate the project or product vision and ensure a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the team by being able to speak to initiatives, epics, and features to ensure scope and deliverables are prioritized and well understood by all team members
- Provide guidance to QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) teams on business & functional requirements and ‘definition of done’ for testing
- Own backlog prioritization and continually look forward to anticipate future sprints
- Voice any roadblocks and ‘red-status’ concerns in a timely manner throughout the iteration so they can be addressed, ensuring the team has the best chance of maintaining their commitment
- Prioritize attendance at all team-level ceremonies and be available throughout the day to answer questions, except in the case of a production-level issue
- BA, BS, or equivalent
- 2+ years as Business Analyst (or similar role)
- Experience in leading requirements-gathering sessions such as workshops and/or one-on-one interviews
- Experience with documenting requirements and creating artifacts to support requirements
- Knowledge of digital product (website and mobile app) best practices
- Knowledge and experience with at least one enterprise content-management platform (such as AEM)
- Website/digital product and/or digital marketing experience
- Experience with JIRA or other ticketing system(s)
- Knowledge and experience with Agile frameworks, preferably the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms, methodologies, software applications, and processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage project tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, listening, communication, and presentation skills
- Highly organized with proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Skilled at warding off distractions to maintain focus on the iteration commitments
- Ability to think critically and creatively in client solution development
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)