Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Business Analyst (Remote)
**This is a remote role, sitting anywhere within the US. Preferred candidates must be able to work Eastern Time business hours, and able to attend quarterly meetings in the Metro DMV area**
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, and committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
As a Business Analyst, you will collaborate with project managers, product owners, subject matter experts, technical architects, and developers to create innovative business systems. This individual is responsible for bridging the gap between development, design, and solution delivery by eliciting, analyzing, documenting, and communicating concise requirements for implementation based on business needs. Operating in an Agile environment, the Business Analyst will utilize analytical and problem-solving skills and leverage attention to detail and analytical capabilities to deliver optimal solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with various technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand complex business processes and define business requirements.
- Communicating with multiple teams to ensure requirements are clear and well understood from a functional and technical perspective
- Translate business requirements into concise, feasible, and verifiable user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Interact with the development and testing teams to communicate and validate requirements.
- Collaborate between scrum team resources to mitigate dependencies, resolve outstanding questions, and answer questions on business rules impacting other team members
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies such as stand ups, grooming, Sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos
- Support the solutioning process by developing competencies in various technology platforms.
- Produce and decipher complex technical use cases, user stories, process flows, diagraming, data analysis, data mapping, interfaces, reporting, and testing activities on web and hosted technologies.
- Logging incoming requests/work in team tools (Jira/Confluence or Trello)
- Communicating with clients and the team about the status of work
- Performing QA and working directly with the developers to implement bug fixes and change requests
- Conducting demos or training necessary for the successful execution of the project
- Perform complex analysis in a fast-paced data project for a federal government client
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis within a Custom Application Development project environment is required
- 2+ years of business analysis experience for major public/government projects
- 2 or more years of experience working with technical teams to develop and deliver technical documentation and SOP development.
- 2 or more years working to research, outline, and develop reports on technical concepts
- 2 or more years of experience performing data analysis to identify patterns and trends to define requirements
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with data and analytics projects; familiarity with AWS environments and unified data platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, and Cloudera a plus
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to take ownership of activities and work independently
- Familiar with relational databases, ETL, and data visualization concepts.
- Familiarity with the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Ability to work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business and data needs into technical requirements
- Familiar with Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Experience conducting and leading interviews to gather and validate requirements
- Experience maintaining Product Backlog in Jira, prioritizing User Stories for Sprints
- Breaking down tasks into Epics, Stories & Tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context and in facilitating large team meetings to drive delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within one or more teams with excellent time management, organizational, and reporting skills
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)