Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of management consultants, mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo. As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for a Management Consultant to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business (PHIT). We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are looking for mid and senior-level Business Analysts who are customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize and transform through pragmatic enterprise strategies. The projects and services support the CDC meet the objectives of the agencies Data Modernization Initiative (DMI). You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and stakeholders. You will also help inform IT investment decisions and develop and manage architectural targets and standards for our client.
- Build business process flows to support workflows
- Troubleshoot issues in workflows
- Design reports to evaluate the effectiveness and reach of the workflows
- Build visualizations to analyze the success of the bots
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
- Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
- Provide support to developers by gathering and or clarifying data and reporting requirements from business owners
- Support development of custom reports and data visualization products
- Diving into Data Warehouses to understand what data are where so you can leverage those data using BI tools to create reports, dashboards and other analyses.
- Guiding and educating users so they better understand their reporting needs, now and as they evolve over time.
- Linking those needs to existing BI tools and helping to scope out what’s possible and the best match so you bring business value to the client.
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products using large datasets to transform data into actionable insights.
Junior-level: 0-1 years
Mid-level: 2-3 years
Senior-level: 4-5 years
Required Skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related degrees)
- XX or more years’ experience in general application programming and database concepts including modifying SQL scripts
- Some experience of statistical tools such as R and Python, and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau
- XX years’ experience in a Business or Data Analyst role using software tools such as SharePoint, JIRA or similar systems
- Able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have demonstrated HCD and Cx skills.
Preferred Skills include:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with chat bots, no-code, low-code services
- Understanding natural language processing
- Familiarity with the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Ability to work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business and data needs into technical requirements
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)