Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF Next is seeking a highly motivated business analyst to support citizen facing digital solutions for a variety of Federal clients. The Business Analyst is responsible for learning business processes and functions to help with the design, configuration, testing, documentation, and user support of digital solutions. This role requires a combination of understanding and capturing the requirements of digital solutions and to validate the implementation of those requirements through testing. The Business Analyst has a strong understanding of industry trends and using Agile methodologies for analysis and testing. The candidate will work collaboratively with the team to incorporate testing as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) activities. This position requires an awareness of the need for timely communication, ability to identify potential barriers and strategies, and the ability to synthesize and integrate information.
- Facilitate team meetings to gather and document requirements, design system enhancements and drive user feedback.
- Capture and express requirements with a variety of techniques including BDD-style specifications, user stories, workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, user cases and mockups.
- Conduct interviews and studies with product owners, users and other stakeholders to identify requirements.
- Perform various types of testing, define test scenarios and test cases, execute tests, and document test results. Perform cross-browser desktop and mobile testing.
- Participate in and lead sprint meetings and work with the project team to identify risks/impacts on the project.
- Coordinate and collaborate with subject matter experts, designers, and user experience researchers in an agile environment to move the project forward.
- Communicate and present ideas and progress to internal and external clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or related fields.
- Experience working with Agile.
- 5+ years of experience in gathering requirements and various types of testing such as manual, automated, exploratory, load and performance testing on web services and applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand clients’ business and apply analytical skills to help solve problems they face.
- Scrum master certification is a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)