Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Broadband Financial Analyst
ICF is seeking a Financial Analyst with experience in grant accounting, government finance, or similar work to support our Broadband work in Florida. This is an opportunity to be a part of a grant management team that is making a significant impact by assisting government agencies and communities in designing and implementing policies and programs that promote broadband equity and bridge the digital divide.
This role will be an integral part of a team that assists states with administering broadband-related programs funded through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and/or other federal and state broadband development programs to optimize grant resource management. Our functional expertise is in program and grants management, program implementation, planning, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the mission, business, service, and operational needs of our clients, subgrantees, and their applicants.
- Work with data from a custom-built database to analyze funding trends, project progress, and develop customized reports for decision-making.
- Support program performance reporting and analysis by generating performance reporting information and identifying areas for improvement.
- Monitor activities, grant expenditures, financial reports, and performance reports of grant recipients to ensure compliant use of broadband funds
- Report variances and recommend adjustments to accounting data to match actual activity.
- Maintain and determine the accuracy and reliability of agency accounting records, such as expenditure, fund, appropriation, expense and revenue collection records, and ensures agency assets are accounted for properly.
- Assist with broadband data collection and analysis
- Support project delivery on broadband analytics, including working with ICF subject matter experts to help develop plans, processes, policies, and procedures that will extend broadband access to unserved and underserved communities.
- Prepare agendas, biweekly status reports, and follow-up actions for meetings with external clients and client vendors.
- Develop or update procedures for the proper administration of grant funds.
- Document processes for internal and external audiences.
- Generate dashboard mockups, charts, use cases, wireframes, process flow diagrams, and other system documentation.
- Provide technical assistance to the state on the proper management of its IIJA grants.
- Assist in creating internal financial operations, including accounting practices, billing, and collections, financial planning and analysis, internal audit, back-office systems, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in (statistics, mathematics, accounting, finance) or a related field.
- At least one (1) year of federal financial support and/or federal financial grants management experience.
- Finance experience in one or more of the following:
- Grant Accounting
- Public Accounting
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including the use of pivot tables and advanced formulas).
- Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to unique circumstances.
- Experience working with large datasets or database systems.
- Experience with MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports.
- Skilled at analyzing existing system documentation to summarize existing system functionality as it relates to the project at hand.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with experience writing technical information clearly and concisely.
- Experience with business process mapping and the use of project management software.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Graduate’s Degree in public administration, telecommunications, government accounting, business administration, or a related field of study.
- At least three (3) years of government accounting experience.
- Understanding of 2 CFR 200 (especially 200.306 cost-sharing and matching)
- Understanding of BI reporting tools (e.g., MS Visio, Power BI, Tableau).
- Familiarity with QuickBase, Salesforce or similar platforms.
- Experience working in Florida within a Federal, State and/or City financial role.
- Knowledge of IIJA, BEAD, ARPA, and FCC programs.
- Previous experience supporting broadband initiatives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)