Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Bilingual Copy Editor, On-Call (Part-Time/Hourly/Remote)
Are you ready for what's next? ICF Next hires the future. We create it every day. Join our team of game changers, groundbreakers, trailblazers, and dreamers as we work to change the world, one creative initiative after another. We're looking for an On-Call Bilingual Copy Editor to support our Creative Studio. If you're ready to use your expertise in Spanish to really make a difference for our clients, you may be the perfect fit. The new next starts here. You can too.
Join our growing Creative Studio of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who love what we do to help make the world a better place. We’re rapidly putting ICF Next on the map as the DC metro area’s premier creative shop, one armful of industry awards at a time.
As an On-Call Bilingual Copy Editor, you will:
- Support public and private sector clients in tackling issues such as smoking cessation, disease prevention, child welfare, energy efficiency, disaster preparedness, HIV/AIDS, and more.
- Demonstrate exceptional editorial skills, including proofreading, copy editing, fact checking, and layout accuracy.
- Correct issues with content structure and organization, grammar, spelling, accuracy, style and readability, plain language, and consistency.
- Provide editorial review on a wide variety of Spanish-language materials, including web and social media content, toolkits, emails, videos, training and conference materials, case studies, and campaign collateral.
- Collaborate with our team of translators, editors, other Creative Studio members, and account teams to develop and deliver exceptional work.
- Ensure all work is consistent with established brand guidelines and strategy, and maintain up-to-date editorial brand guidelines.
- Promote and update editorial policies, standards, and procedures to ensure adherence to them across the agency.
As an On-Call Bilingual Copy Editor, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in proofreading and editing Spanish content; advertising agency or consultancy experience preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling, ensuring that translations reflect intended meaning and correspond to target audiences; certification from the American Translators Association or similar certification preferred. Transcreation experience a plus.
- Familiarity with U.S. Spanish-language conventions and with adhering to and maintaining style guides.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills with the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple competing deadlines.
A bachelor's degree in communications, Spanish, or a related field.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)