Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS System Administrator
AWS System Administrator
- Configure AWS Cloud Management and monitor carefully and manage its services with high priority and perfection.
- Learn metrics and carefully monitor the health or utilization of AWS resources on a full scale by using the highly complex Amazon CloudWatch.
- Maintaining a backup of the resources by extensively using AWS services.
- Knowledge of CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Manages full AWS Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation, and Security.
- Efficiently monitors billing and develops cost optimization strategies.
- Day-to-day administration of Microsoft operating systems and related services (e.g., AD, IIS, WSUS, etc.),
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 Rev4 for FISMA compliance and security control implementation.
- Be part of a team of people directly responsible for the 24x7 availability of infrastructure. As such, after-hours work will occasionally be necessary to accommodate maintenance windows and address unexpected outages and other emergent issues.
Basic minimum qualifications and associated knock out questions:
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role (AWS/Windows systems administration).
- Minimum of 2 years with Windows 2016/2022 and Centos 7 OS Administration.
- Experience with EC2 instances, VPC, Lambda, Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon FSx for Windows File Server and storage management.
- Experience using several of the following for administration, monitoring, and collaborating: CodeDeploy, Jira, Confluence, networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, firewalls, etc.), Python, GitHUB.
- Experience database management (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL) is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of/understanding of container technology such as Docker and ECS.
- Productive, articulate, and professional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (English).
- Basic troubleshooting skills working with web sites in coordination with developers.
- AWS Certification preferably AWS Solutions Architect or AWS SysOps Administration
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification and/or 2+ years AWS experience.
- Hands on experience with AWS (must have used the portal or used CLI, and API’s).
- Hands on experience with SQL Server/MySQL/AWS Aurora database.
- Experience actively implementing cloud solutions and using AWS services.
- Experience administering Windows and Linux servers.
Professional Skills-not required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to document and explain system configuration and procedures.
- Good understanding of web applications.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work independently and in teams
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)