Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer-Remote
ICF seeks a Security Operations Engineer to keep our business, users, and data safe by assuring the security of our applications and platforms. This will be a highly collaborative position, in which the right candidate works to secure existing applications and platforms, makes platform and security enhancements, and helps to scale our security program through automation, process improvement, and tool creation.
The selected candidate will be required to work on multiple products and must be able to develop and present secure solutions and advice to technical teams as well as leadership. The candidate will further be required to assess risks and advise on security standards, best practices, and solutions. All this must be done by maintaining security quality and customer satisfaction.
The team uses integrated human-centered design and quality assurance measures to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce cost. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
- Maintain operational security posture for a Federal Information System
- Document System Security plan and Contingency Plans for related projects
- Document and evaluate security policies
- Ensure security systems are up to date and create documentation and planning for all security-related information, including incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with applicable standards; identify areas of improvement for finding remediation
- Interact with government security leadership, including the ISSO
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Assurance, Network Security Computer Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- AWS security services such as CloudTrail, WAF, Security Hub, Guard Duty, Macie, and Trusted Advisor
- NIST 800-53 security controls
- Implementing DoD STIGs
- Leading Incident Response
- Strong foundation in one or more of the following: Data management security, Authentication, Applied cryptography, Linux security, Network & Cloud security
- Advanced knowledge of Linux platforms
- Strong understanding of DevOps CI/CD Pipelines
- Strong technical acumen securing software and hardware. Understanding of software development and working experience with any one of the higher-level programming languages or scripting.
- Experience with security technologies such as security engineering, security architecture, cryptography, data security, risk management, identity and access management, communication and network security, security assessment and testing, software development security, security operations
- Familiarity with security assessment tools such as Nessus
- Thorough understanding of issues documents in the OWASP Top Ten and CWE Top 25
- Strong understanding of cryptography as applied to web application security (encryption, hashing, PKI management), including analysis and implementation
- Experience using Linux/Unix at the command line for tasks related to web application development and deployment (DevOps)
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Master’s Degree
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred; CISSP, GPEN, GXPN, Security +, CEH
- Prior experience as a developer or DevOps engineer Strong engineering background
- Application architecture experience Experience working in the healthcare industry Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-DevOps colleagues
- Ability to understand project requirements and be innovative in finding solutions in highly regulated government environments.
- Flexibility and the ability to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)