Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer-Remote
ICF seeks an experienced DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work on a project that supports the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) focus on developing systems that provide accurate and complete data that are also user-friendly and patient centric.
You will work closely with Agile development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience and background.
Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce cost. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
- Configure and maintain resources on AWS
- Maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible
- Maintain Dockerfiles
- Deploy services to ECS or Kubernetes
- Responsible for production deployments using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, GitHub Actions
- Manage security groups and access controls
- Responsible for securely storing information such as passwords and tokens
- Use ticket management system such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities
- Work closely with developers on the team to debug web app issues
- Apply networking knowledge to debug upstream issues
- BS with 5+ years of relevant technical work experience
- Highly proficient in Terraform, such as ability to write modules from scratch
- Hands-on experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS
- Hands-on experience using Docker
- Experience and solid understanding to deploy and maintain container orchestration platforms such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with production deployments using Jenkins
- Extensive experience with Linux and administration
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege
- Experience securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations
- Understanding of security groups and access controls
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-DevOps colleagues
- Ability to understand project requirements and be innovative in finding solutions in highly regulated government environments
- Must live in the United States, have lived in the US for 3 of the last 5 years, and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- MS and 3+ years of technical experience
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)