Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth
In this position, you will be part of the team building best in class data analytics and machine learning platform. Learn and grow using AWS Infrastructure, DevOps, Agile Scrum, incremental delivery philosophy with highly supportive peers constantly sharing subject matter expertise.
While this position can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US, the preferred candidate would be within driving distance of the DC Metro area for meetings approximately 4 times per year.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement best in class cloud-based solutions in AWS using infrastructure as code
- Deploy, setup, and run infrastructure configurations for various AWS services
- Engage with technical stakeholders including but not limited to application development, networking, infrastructure, information security, risk, enterprise identity and access management, and security operations
- Enable and optimize the automation of application and infrastructure environments
- Be part of a team where you collaborate to build cloud infrastructure, with an understanding of AMI, Containers and serverless functions
- Develop, maintain and improve continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for delivering features, fixes and system updates in development, integration and production environments
- Set up, integrate, and maintain a scalable, stable set of CI/CD tools to support development, testing, and security scanning
- Implement Amazon CloudWatch, ELK and Splunk to provide continuous monitoring capabilities, track all aspects of the system, infrastructure, performance, application errors and roll up metrics
- Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements, translate them into technical operational requirements, and propose CI/CD pipelines with tools and plugins
- Making a big impact as part of a small team that’s pushing boundaries
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience on setting up Jenkins based CI/CD Pipelines with integration with open source plugins.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps/Agile/Scrum environments and development.
- 3+ years of experience with open technologies like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ansible and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, JIRA, including Docker, Kubernetes, BitBucket, GitHub, Git and others.
- 3+ years of experience with strong hands on experience with configuration management, cloud orchestration and automation tools with AWS environments.
- 3+ years of solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in AWS cloud environments.
- 3+ years of experience with identifying and implementing automation for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- 3+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code using one or more of the major tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or SAM, Ansible
What we'd like you to have:
- Design and implement automated monitoring capabilities to generate dashboards with trends, useful messages, and immediate notifications, and provide real-time metrics using Splunk or similar services.
- Knowledge of multi-account architecture, leveraging tools such as AWS Control Tower, SCPs, GuardRails, and Transit Gateways
- Wide technology experience that may include cloud architecture, cloud migrations, applications development, networking, security, storage, analytics, or machine learning
- Shall possess AWS Solution Architect (Associate or Pro) certification.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures such as NIST, FISMA, FedRamp and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- Familiarity with the MLOps, machine learning lifecycle and product landscape, for example: Amazon SageMaker, Apache Airflow, Looker, Trifacta etc. You don't need to be an expert in all these.
- Working knowledge of key AWS services such as Lambda, API Gateway, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, and Eventbridge
Why you’ll love working here:
Generous vacation and retirement plans
Comprehensive health benefits
Flexible work location
Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
Ongoing training and development opportunities
Friendly community with lots of social events
Participation in charity initiatives
Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use: (Ex: Java, React, ETL, mobile):
DevOps, DevSecOps, Jenkins, Aws CloudFormation, Ansible, AWS Cloud
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$90,940.00 - $154,598.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)