Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer – Remote
ICF seeks a DevOps Manager to develop and implement strategies around the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams, and devops engineers, to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime.
You will lead a team who will be working on replacing an existing legacy, desktop-based system with a modernized, web-based version. The current legacy system is used by healthcare providers (such as nursing homes) to submit quality-of-care assessment information. That information is then used by state agencies and CMS to evaluate and improve the quality of those providers.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers
- Provide oversight and mentoring for devops engineers embedded across numerous scrum teams.
- Ensure the on-time delivery and coordination of DevOps initiatives.
- Create roadmaps and planning artifacts for DevOps improvements
- Report devops progress across Jira boards, and document relevant information in confluence pages
- Track AWS system resource costs
- Communicate various strategies, accomplishments, and impediments in regular meetings with stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or an MS in Computer Science and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Docker
- Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform. ECS or Kubernetes is preferred
- Knowledge of scripting or programming – Bash, Powershell, Python..
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege. Understand security groups and access controls.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene.
- Experience working with Agile projects and teams.
- Understand how web applications work and the common tools around them.
- Understand the 12 factor app.
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Familiarity with jenkinsfiles
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)