Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer – Remote
ICF seeks an experienced DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems that directly support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) This solution focuses on reporting, both ad-hoc and static, and supports the CMS quality improvement initiative by ensuring data is being extracted and provided to outside groups in order to support claim matching, public reporting, Quality Certification and Oversight Reports (QCOR), as well as health research and policy decision making. Additionally, this reporting helps federal and state CMS facilities understand and improve the quality of care that is being provided to beneficiaries.
You will work closely with Agile development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime.
The team uses integrated human-centered design and quality assurance measures to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce cost. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high-quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
- Configure and maintain resources on AWS
- Maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible
- Maintain Dockerfiles
- Deploy services to ECS or Kubernetes
- On-time production deployments using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, GitHub Actions
- Manage security groups and access controls
- Responsible for securely storing information such as passwords and tokens
- Use ticket management systems such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities
- Work closely with developers on the team to debug web app issues
- Apply networking knowledge to debug upstream issues
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of technical experience
- 3 or more years of experience using, configuring and maintaining resources on Azure or AWS such as Terraform, Terragrunt, Jenkins, Asible or GitHub. (If AWS) or Azure Virtual Machines, Scale Sets, Container Registry, Database, DNS, VPN, Firewall, Load Balancer, and Active Directory (If Azure).
- 3 or more years of experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene
- 3 or more years of experience or expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- 3 or more years of experience and solid understanding to deploy and maintain container orchestration platforms such as Azure Container Instances or Kubernetes
- 3 or more years of experience and expertise with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform or Azure ARM/BluePrintsDeep, hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
- 3 or more years of experience and expertise with production deployments, and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- 3 or more years of experience and expertise with managing users, roles, and privileges through AD
- 3 or more years of experience and expertise with provisioning tools, such as Ansible
- 3 or more years of experience with Azure Active Directory and/or Office365 experience and Identity and Access Management experience.
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Candidate must reside in the US, be authorized to work in the US, and work must be performed in the US
- Candidate must have resided in the US 3 of the last 5 years
- Candidate must be eligible for public trust.
- BS with 5+ years of relevant technical experience or an MS in Computer Science and 3+ years of technical experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege
- Experience securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations
- Understanding of security groups and access controls
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-DevOps colleagues
- Ability to understand project requirements and be innovative in finding solutions in highly regulated government environments.
- Flexibility and the ability to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)