Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is recruiting for an AWS Cloud Applications Architect to support one of our USDA programs. Our services focus on enabling agency mission and business transformation using industry leading low-code platforms, mobile applications, robotics process automation and data analytics platforms. We focus on offering a full range of architecture and planning, system implementation, integration, analytics and O&M for our customers.
The AWS Cloud Application Architect will serve as the lead subject matter expert for defining DevSecOps technical approaches and architectural requirements for large scale application modernization efforts.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Implement AWS based DevSecOps, infrastructure as a code and CI/CD processes to support large scale application modernization efforts.
- Create Jenkins pipelines and automation to deploy applications onto Kubernetes (EKS), ECS, Elastic Beanstalk environment
- Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components
- Bring strong understanding of AWS Services to include API Gateway, Lambda, S3 and serverless technologies and understanding of ways to integrate them with DevSecOps solutions.
- Conduct Technical Assessment for various DevSecOps tools to define the target architecture for agency DevSecOps processes.
- Develop architectural diagrams and other related artifacts, including alternative analyses.
- Serve as a DevSecOps project lead, coordinating, and communicating with the Government and the contractor in ensuring effective resources are provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field is required
- 10+ years experience as a DevSecOps Architect preferably on AWS.
- Must have strong experience to build and deploy secured Docker containers
- Must have AWS DevOps/AWS Architect Certification
- Must have strong experience in Terraform, Python & Shell Scripting
- Strong understanding of AWS Services to include API Gateway, Lambda, S3 and serverless technologies.
- Strong background with AWS RDS and PostGreSQL
- Well versed with API driven development preferably on AWS.
- Experience with Angular or NodeJS would be helpful.
- Knowledge of GitHub Enterprise and release processes
- Extensive knowledge of Application Architecture, Network, and Release Process
- Knowledge on DevSecOps, infrastructure as a code and CI/CD process to cloud adoption
- Knowledge of the Agile methodologies, including test driven development using MVP
- Experience in all areas of the Software Development Lifecycle, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, and Human Centered Design principles and practices
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)