Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Aviation Consulting Manager - Airline Commercial Strategy
As a Manager in the ICF Aviation team, you will be primarily responsible for leading consultancy projects. Typical tasks include guidance of junior staff, handling day-to-day communication with clients and delivering solutions to problems using a variety of analytical techniques. The role is tailored for someone with recent commercial aviation experience whose professional work covered some or all of the following topics: airline network planning, strategy, fleet analysis, revenue and cost benchmarking, traffic and revenue forecasting, air service development as well as reviewing and creating business plans.
Any experience in sustainable aviation, sustainable aviation fuel and sustainable financing would be advantageous. Clients are typically airline management, investors and airports seeking to understand the aviation market as well as the airlines that serve it. The role is considered cross-functional within ICF - supporting teams with delivery to clients across Airlines, Airports, Tourism organisations, MRO, governments, and non-government organisations, where skills and knowledge can lend value through collaboration across teams of specialists. Holistic experience within the aviation industry is a plus.
Your role will also include administrative responsibilities such as developing budgets and scopes of work, project tracking, and liaising with ICF’s Contracts and Finance teams. You will also be expected to contribute to business development efforts by building a network of client relationships, working on proposals, attending conferences, and contributing to ICF’s thought leadership.
Manage consulting teams on client-based projects;
Gather, analyse, and interpret data in support of assessments;
Interface with clients to gather data and present results of studies and analyses;
Write reports and presentations to synthesize and explain analyses;
Monitor industry trends and provide market leading insights;
Support corporate growth and business development initiatives, such as the development of proposal responses, intellectual capital, white papers, and marketing materials;
Help train and develop junior staff.
Degree educated from a reputable institution;
5+ years of work experience in commercial aviation with a focus on topics including commercial strategy, network planning/development and forecasting;
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word & Excel);
Experience using industry datasets and tools (for example network planning tools, OAG);
Experience managing projects or initiatives and creating structured workflows;
Ability and willingness to travel extensively for work as necessary.
Strong analytical aptitude and working knowledge of analytical or quantitative methods;
Demonstrates understanding of drivers of airline, airport and leasing industry performance;
Holistic knowledge of the wider aviation industry, including sustainability, is a plus;
Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written English communication skills;
Organises written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience;
Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries and time zones to achieve established goals;
Familiarity with transportation industry data sources and issues required;
Exposure or knowledge of other analytical systems and data visualisation tools a plus but not essential (PowerBI, R, Python, SQL, etc);
People management experience, either via direct reports or functional oversight on a project basis
Able to identify opportunities and manage them from business development to project inception;
Able to take direction from senior leadership and then implement independently.
About ICF Aviation
ICFs aviation practice, led from the London office, is one of the world's largest specialist aviation consulting teams. The global organization provides consulting, strategic planning, and technical services to airlines, airports, service providers, investors, leasing companies, government agencies and manufacturers. The team’s industry experts are drawn from airline and airport management, academia, government, the investment community, and aviation consulting and services providers. This experience is augmented with technical expertise in applied operations and industry analysis, finance, marketing, data science and strategic planning.
A more complete description of ICF experience and capabilities can be seen by visiting our web site, https://www.icf.com/aviation
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)