Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Social Strategist
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. We've spent years building and integrating a set of best-in-class marketing and communications capabilities to be changemakers and drive cultural relevance. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Social Strategist to serve as a key day-to-day social lead for a variety of CPG clients with a preference for Chicago, but open to anywhere in the USA for the right candidate. At the center of this role is creating and guiding content that earns attention.
You’re perfect for this role if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you thrive working with cross-functional teams, you have a passion for pop culture and #trends, you’re constantly perusing the internet for social updates and trends, you take risks and you live for the intersection of social media and pop culture. You must have hands on experience building integrated comms campaigns that include content creators and influencers.
As a Senior Social Strategist, you will:
- Serve as a trusted social media counsel
- Have a finger on the pulse of today’s ever-changing social media landscape to help our clients innovate and push their brands forward.
- Have the ability to listen, ideate and move quickly to develop content that reacts to culture in real time.
- Establish trusted relationships with talent teams that manage micro, macro and celebrity influencers
- Effectively manage multiple influencer relationships across campaigns and ongoing content
- Collaborate across account and creative teams in building creative ideas, guiding social content (video, images, graphics, live and text) and elevating social influencer strategies and programs.
- Craft Instagram Stories, Tweets, Facebook posts, and live social coverage, that people want to share and engage with.
- Connect channel, content and social influencer best practices with creative.
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories on social, across owned content and through social influencer partnerships.
- Enhance and build upon simple, break-thru ideas with social extensions.
- Report back using data to gather social learnings and share among a wider team.
- Guide teams on best practices and directly provide content performance analysis, communicate and implement timely optimizations to drive results.
As a Senior Social Strategist you are:
- A creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A natural content creator, with a passion for storytelling and concept creation that marries the messages our clients want to get across with what is culturally relevant.
- Passionate about pushing the envelope to help your teams and clients think differently.
- Obsessed with social media and have a rock-solid understanding of creating and distributing shareable content across multiple platforms.
- Aware of and follow other tastemakers and influencers.
- Collaborative, positive and demonstrates a high level of maturity and presence
- Minimum of five years of related professional experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience influencing the social strategy for iconic consumer brands
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools (e.g. Sprout, Spinklr, Hootsuite, Facebook Business Manager), ability to work with social listening tools (e.g. Netbase) and influencer identification and management tools (e.g. Tagger, CreatorIQ)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)