Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate Account Executive, Corporate + Public Affairs
Join the next gen. We’re a new breed – a consulting agency. We combine the creativity of an agency with the depth and expertise of a consultancy. Our team is a mix of mission-driven strategists, marketers, technologists and data scientists, harnessing the insights, creativity and technology that moves people. This is what we call…Accelerated Change, Beautifully Delivered. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our Corporate + Public Affairs practice in Chicago. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of internship or entry level experience in corporate communications and/or public affairs, including media relations, internal communications, community engagement, corporate social responsibility and/or issues management.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for a variety of day-to-day activities, including status updates, traditional and social media monitoring and reporting, tracking industry and client-related issues, conducting research for strategy building and business development, etc.
- Conduct and coordinate media relations in local and national markets and respond to media inquiries
- Draft messaging, thought leadership content, sales materials/collateral and client communications
- Assist in the planning and coordination of client events, including employee engagement initiatives, thought leadership opportunities and media announcements
- Regularly monitor media to mine for potential issues and threats, including legislative and regulatory developments, public sentiment and trends for right time engagement
- Manage timelines and creative deliverables to ensure consistency and impeccable quality
- Fully understand relevant aspects of our clients’ businesses and generate new ideas to solve their communication challenges
- Collaborate on a regular basis with team members across multiple functions and practice areas throughout the agency
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be a versatile team player who enjoys collaboration and problem solving
- Thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be solutions-oriented no matter the challenge
- Experience building client relationships
- Exhibit excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling way in verbal and written form
- Impeccable time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to coordinate projects from inception to completion and meet demanding deadlines
Education and minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications, Journalism, English, Public Affairs, Political Science, or related field.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)