Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Architectural Historian or Preservation Planner On-Call
ICF is seeking On-Call Architectural Historians or Historic Preservation Planners to including site inspections, research, photography, historic context writing, and evaluations under the National Register of Historic Places. Projects will focus within the Transportation, Water, Energy and Planning & Development markets. Positions are based in Los Angeles, Irvine & San Diego, CA.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
What You Will do
- Assist with historical research in local, state, and regional libraries and archives.
- Assist with historic resources surveys and assessments, including site inspections, research, photography, historic context writing, and evaluation under the National Register of Historic Places.
- Assist with the preparation of historic property inventory forms (including statements of significance and architectural descriptions).
- Support growth and development of the cultural resources practice through business development efforts, professional development activities, and workload coordination.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor's degree or higher in history, historical preservation, architectural history, or closely related field.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated research and writing abilities, with the ability to present clear, precise, analytical, and authoritative arguments. A writing sample may be requested.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Valid driver’s license.
Would Be Great If You Have
- Operational knowledge of the history and architectural history of California.
- Interest or experience in environmental planning and regulatory compliance (California Environmental Quality Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and National Historic Preservation Act (Section 106))
- Knowledge of and interest in historic preservation.
- Interest in GIS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)