Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Archaeologist Sacramento or San Francisco
We are ICF’s Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. Speaking of growth, our Cultural Resources team which includes Secretary of the Interior qualified Archaeologists, Architectural Historians, Cultural Landscape Specialists, Historic Preservation Specialist & Historians is currently seeking two Archaeologists to be based in San Francisco or Sacramento, California. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a strong team of Cultural Resource professionals and develop your skills. You will also gain experience working on large and complex infrastructure projects for Transportation, Energy, Water and Planning & Development.
The Archaeologist position will provide desk-top research, archival research, field survey crew and technical writing support for public agency, utility, and land development/management clients throughout northern California. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in fieldwork and technical writing, and an interest in growing these skills in a collaborative team environment.
What You Will Do
- Support field efforts in northern California. Travel for up to 10 days may be involved, with work occurring outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Contributing author for small survey and monitoring reports and assist senior ICF staff on larger writing efforts.
- Work independently and as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with ICF staff and construction personnel.
- Meet deadlines, multitask, and produce quality work.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Archaeology or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cultural resources management.
- Ability to conduct field visits at locations throughout northern California.
- Strong fieldwork skills including monitoring, pedestrian and subsurface survey, testing and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with computers, smart devices, and completing data entry in application interfaces (such as ArcGIS Collector).
- Familiarity with California cultural resources and associated regulatory environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proactive, creative, and positive collaborative attitude.
- Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
What We’d Like You To Have
- Master’s in Archaeology or related field.
- Two or more years of experience leading survey crews and/or GIS data management.
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)