Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is currently seeking a Mid-level Archaeologist to be based in Seattle, Washington. The Archaeologist will provide cultural resource field and technical writing support for public agency, utility, and land development/management clients based out of Seattle. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in fieldwork and technical writing, and an interest in growing these skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead and support field efforts in the Seattle area and Pacific Northwest. Travel for up to 10 days may be involved, with work occurring outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Lead author for small survey and monitoring reports, and assist senior ICF staff guidance on larger writing efforts.
- Work independently and as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with ICF staff and construction personnel.
- Meet deadlines, multitask, and produce quality work.
- The ability or interest to manage small projects, including fieldwork, report deliverables, and budgets and/or provide specialized services, such GIS (ArcMap and Collector).
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cultural resources management.
- Ability to conduct field visits at locations in Seattle and throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Familiarity with Pacific Northwest cultural resources and associated regulatory environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Strong fieldwork skills including monitoring, pedestrian and subsurface survey, testing and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with computers, smart devices, and completing data entry in application interfaces (such as ArcGIS Collector).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proactive, creative, and positive collaborative attitude.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Master’s in Archaeology or related field.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience project management and/or GIS.
- Working knowledge of SEPA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Seattle, WA (WA25)