Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Analyst, Regulatory Affairs and Market Development
Analyst, Regulatory Affairs and Market Development
The ICF Team within our Energy, Environment, and Infrastructure Group is seeking a Regulatory Affairs and Market Development Analyst to support ICF’s expansion into new territories and with new utility clients.
As an Analyst, Regulatory Affairs and Market Development, you will be a key partner in advancing ICF’s growth in strategic areas like demand-side management, distributed energy resources, beneficial electrification, electric vehicle programs, and utility customer experience and marketing. In this role, you will work closely with sales and account managers across the region to analyze utility filings for rate cases and DSM programs, attend stakeholder and policy-related events, and develop go-to-market strategies for key ICF initiatives and offerings.
The ideal candidate brings great business judgment and deep knowledge of the utility industry and regulatory process (ideally with demand-side management and/or ongoing energy and delivery transformation experience in the U.S.). You are a successful at interpreting data and information to derive insights and actionable next steps. You are a relationship builder, policy advocate, facilitator, and a persuasive written and oral communicator with strong critical thinking skills. You have worked in a similar role in the energy industry or another regulated industry.
This is a remote position and can be worked from anywhere in the US.
What you will be doing...
- Effectively advance sales and business development efforts
- Collaborate with sales managers and utility clients to build regulatory acceptance and advance pilot programs and technologies in alignment with ICF’s solutions.
- Develop and maintain a regulatory calendar for strategic regions or clients to inform sales and capture efforts.
- Analyze filings, legislation, utility climate reports, strategic plans, integrated resource plans, and rate cases to inform design of programs and pricing strategies.
- Perform market research (e.g., utility strategic priorities and plans, competitor program designs and benchmarks for program delivery, etc.)
- Work closely with proposal teams to ensure proposed designs and approaches fit within individual state regulatory frameworks and align with utility strategies and filings
- Support sales planning process by analyzing program budgets and cycles across the U.S. to inform strategic planning and resourcing in geographic regions.
- Attend stakeholder meetings and other market events to stay abreast of changes in utility and/or regulatory policy and strategies, documenting and sharing what is learned internally and as appropriate with clients.
What you should bring to the role...
- BA/BS in government, policy, economics, business, or related degree
- At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field and preferably at least 3 years of direct experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in the utility field is preferred.
- You are an exceptional written and oral communicator
- You are detail-oriented, entrepreneurial, and have strong political instincts
- You bring solutions to complex problems and can convince others to adopt your vision.
- You are a relationship builder and connector.
- You enjoy working outside of a defined swim lane and proactively dig into projects with focus
- You function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where you need to build consensus across multiple departments
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)