Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Agile Transformation/Change Management Specialist
Joining ICF’s Organization Change and Transformation Team, you will use your agile and process improvement expertise to help design, develop, and implement better solutions for ICF and for our clients. You will work with fellow agile transformation experts, organizational designers, data analysts, and facilitation experts as well as ICF’s client-facing subject matter experts to lead teams through project life cycles (i.e., research, stakeholder interviews, problem definition, facilitated virtual workshop sessions for ideation and solutioning, and iterative implementation).
As an Agile Transformation Specialist focused on health and human service agencies and organizations, you will apply your knowledge of today’s health and human services priorities and challenges. You will use the agile delivery framework to manage the development of minimum viable products and conduct pilots to refine offerings. You will partner with industry experts on client engagements, helping our clients proactively interact with evolving environmental, political, social, and technological factors.
Examples of typical projects might include:
- Work with healthcare organizations and agency clients to optimize health programs, from research and data collection to program implementation and support.
- Collaborate with business owners, analysts, programmers, engineers, and clinical and administrative end-users to identify the baseline (as-is) and future state (to-be) of technology and process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate senior leadership and other key stakeholders through systems-thinking approach to their talent management process, including identifying opportunities for automation, re-imagining manager and employee experience, and mapping integration with all other corporate HR functions.
- Work with health and human services teams to build high performing teams that adopt and utilize new technology.
- Manage the development of a process optimization toolkit: guides, job aids, workshop activities, and frameworks that can be scaled for broader usage across ICF and as client offerings that will add value to our contracts.
- Work with ICF technology partners to establish best practices in the discovery phase of a client project where we need to understand a client’s current-state technology flow and then deliver technology solutions that modernize the client’s business model.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Organization Change and Transformation Team’s Agile Transformation Specialist will employ an agile and human-centered approach to consult, analyze, develop, and deliver process optimization strategy and enablement initiatives.
- Lead multiple Agile Transformation and Change Management initiatives.
- Consult as an agile process expert on projects either led by others within the Organization Change and Transformation Team or led by client-facing teams across ICF’s different lines of business.
- Manage engagements, including developing project plans, coordinating stakeholders, conducting business analysis, and creating implementation plans.
- Work effectively with other ICF team members and our clients to develop prioritized backlogs.
- Schedule and drive effective agile ceremonies virtually and globally (e.g., backlog refinement, sprint planning, story point estimation, daily stand ups, sprint demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt).
- Develop and present artifacts to clients, with an emphasis on the health and human services domain areas.
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, IT, Psychology, Data Management or Related Field
- 5+ years of professional experience in consulting, transformation, strategy, change management.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- JIRA, Kanban, Visio, Miro, Mural, Canvas.
- Experience designing, managing, and implementing process improvement initiatives using Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Virtual and/or in-person group facilitation experience.
- Project, program, and stakeholder management experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency and experience in agile transformation methodologies and principles.
- Proficiency and experience business process reengineering methodologies and principles.
- Understanding of how to use data analytics and data science in support of project initiatives.
Preferred Skills, Education and Certification:
- Recognized certification in Agile or process improvement discipline.
- Experience working with health and human services organizations across the public and private sectors.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)