Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Are you interested in helping North Carolina create communities that are more resilient in the face of future disasters? Join the ICF team and make a difference! Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day.
We are seeking Administrative Specialists to help the North Carolina Office of Recovery and Resiliency manage federal grants and carry out strategic and high-impact activities to recover from Hurricanes Matthew and Florence and mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in its communities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with the client, coworkers, and other external groups to provide effective and timely customer service, information, and problem resolution.
- Work to collect, compile and prepare all compliance reports required by the Strategic Buyout Program.
- Monitor and manage emails and phone calls/messages on a daily basis.
- Ability to prepare flowcharts, graphs, and status reports.
- Effectively utilize all available resources.
- Collects and verifies information.
- Sends, receives, analyzes, and processes electronic and hard copy correspondence, documents and forms.
- Special projects as assigned by the team Leads or Program Manager.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiar with cloud-based collaboration tools (e.g., Smartsheet, google docs, SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiar with Adobe Acrobat
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), with an ability to become familiar with project-specific programs and software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Analytical skills that reflect the ability to focus on gathering and documenting detailed information
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative problem-solver with ability to come up with outside of the box solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to remain calm and maintain self-control during difficult circumstances and emergencies and to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and tasks
- Strong attention to detail and focus on reviewing own quality of work
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)