Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Payable Administrator
ICF Next-Belgium is part of ICF, a global consulting, communication and technology services provider with more than 7,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients.
We are one of the leading integrated communication agencies specialising in public information campaigns across Europe. Our end-to-end, multi-channels, fully integrated communications offer includes strategy, creation and media planning, content marketing and editorial services, social media activities, media relations, stakeholder engagement and event organisation. The in-house production teams specialise in digital solutions and are proud of 30 years’ experience with multilingual publications and a unique track record of audio-visual productions, honoured with multiple awards.
We specialise in helping European institutions and other international organisations to raise awareness about their policies and actions and engage with a variety of audiences. With the support of our global partner network, we can offer solutions for communication needs, in any medium and in any language, across the world.
Under the guidance of the Accounts Payable Lead, the Account Payable Administrator will be responsible for assisting with the accounts payable process.
Working with a close and well- established team of finance professionals, you will be responsible for assisting with a broad range of duties that include:
• Review and verify invoices to ensure the accuracy in terms of legal requirements,
• Understand expense accounts and cost centres
• Process the invoices in our accounting system and ensure correctness of invoice postings: make certain that invoices are allocated to correct project, correct account, and have the appropriate approvals
• Review and process staff and credit cards expenses, ensuring all back-up documentation and approvals are provided, and correctly coded to projects and chart of accounts
• Process outgoing payments in compliance with ICF policies and procedures
• Assist team in creditor monitoring and deal with local supplier queries regarding payments
• Ensure an effective internal communication around the AP process by providing guidance and support to colleagues from other departments, stakeholders
• Ensure the external communication with third parties (vendors, external auditors)
• Maintain a permanent communication with the team colleagues around the regular AP tasks, sharing experiences and situations found on day-to-day job or specific projects dealt at team level• Work closely with the colleagues and AP manager on Metrics analysis and improvement solutions to meet SLAs’ targets
Skills and Requirements:
• Knowledge of accounting, either through experience or through studies
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office (specifically Excel)
• Good Knowledge of Belgian VAT requirements • French speaking with good knowledge of English
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following strengths:
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written skills, with the ability to communicate across a wide range of professional groups
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to organise, prioritise, and self-motivate with a high level of commitment and initiative
• Ability to work independently and be responsive to follow up on action items
• A team player with a ‘can-do attitude’, who is hard working and willing to learn
• Flexible approach to the type/content of workload and hours of work
• Organised, self-sufficient and tactful, a good attention to details
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as external clients and vendor
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)