Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Manager/Energy Efficiency, Eastern Shore of Maryland
Account Manager/Energy EfficiencyEastern Shore of Maryland
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager with a desire for energy efficiency to take a significant role in the implementation of programs that will deliver and expand our offerings in the Eastern Shore of Maryland. You will be responsible for managing a large pipeline of existing projects and will also be responsible for increasing new customer adaptation. Outside sales or financial background working in one of the following sectors is preferred; industrial processing, local, federal, state government or national retail accounts including commercial real-estate, hospitality, and Agribusiness.
- Work in support of various utility sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in the commercial and industrial markets
- Act as customer's advocate to ensure the customer obtains accurate knowledge of program offerings
- Develop a data driven outreach strategy to recruit and retain new and existing customers to participate in energy efficiency programs
- Prospect, identify, and qualify potential energy efficiency upgrades for customers
- Increase customer awareness of bottom line benefits resulting from implementing energy conservation measures
- Cultivate and develop new business through long-term relationships with professional organizations and trade allies
- Have knowledge of additional state and federal funding programs
- Track state/local and national energy policies
- 3-5 years of Industry-proven outside sales and or business development
- A Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience managing successful energy efficiency opportunities, with specific expertise in one of the following: commercial real-estate, retail customers, or Agribusiness. 5 + years of related work experience can be substituted for education
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Dynamics, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Strong proven success in an outside sales role and/or business development
- Strong follow-up and follow through skills and ability to successfully close sales
- An energy efficiency background with a solid knowledge of building mechanical systems or commercial lighting
- Economic analysis and familiarity with DSM program planning and evaluation
- Utility experience and understanding of DSM program implementation
- Experience with ENERGY STAR, LEED, and other program platforms
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)